July 6 - August 30, 2021
The past year has been a roller coaster for all of us, with more dips than exhilarating flights. Many of us are feeling stuck in our brokenness, anger or overwhelm. God knows where you are and sees you. We want to journey with you as the larger community of Women's Camp as God guides each of us through this season.
As much as we would love to celebrate this momentous year together, in person, Camp Tadmor isn't able to open to camps like ours again due to state guidelines.
Instead, join us for an 8 week book study of Stuck by Jennie Allen. We as the Women's Camp committee are so excited to go through this book with you as we believe it can encourage all of us, wherever we're at. You can buy Stuck for your whole group at a discounted cost on churchsource.com.
We encourage you to gather safely with your community of women, or the women in your family, once a week starting July 6th for this 8 week study. We will post and email questions for your group to discuss and engage with.
With the study questions we will post weekly fun ideas like outdoor adventures to explore with your family, snack and meal ideas, throwback photos every Thursday, some craft ideas, and so much more! Our Instagram and Facebook pages will be a place for you to connect throughout the year.
We look forward to engaging with all of you and we can't wait to see how God moves powerfully through your groups and lives through this study!
- Study Guide (for each person)
- DVD (1 for the group)
- Streaming Video (instead of DVD)
- Leader's Guide (1 for the group)
- Curriculum Kit
- Discussion Card Set
Group Discussion Questions
The questions we'll provide here are not included in the Stuck book. We hope you'll use these posts as an opportunity to dive even deeper with the groups you meet with, and to share your thoughts and reflections with the online community!
Week 1 (July 6), Stuck: Broken
Read Galatians 3:3
- What does this verse say about turning to self help and our own determined effort for life change?
- How do your insecurities bring you closer to God? Do you need Him?
- How do you trust in the Spirit for change rather than in yourself?
Share your thoughts with us!
Week 2 (July 13), Stuck: Mad
Read Luke 6:28-30
- How could things have turned out differently?
- Have you ever been mad at God? Why?
- How is your anger effecting those around you?
Please share your thoughts with us.
Week 3 (July 20), Stuck: Dicontent
- How is discontentment effecting your relationships?
- How is the time you spend feeling discontent limiting how God can use you?
- How is dwelling on discontentment a waste of time, energy, and emotions?
Please share your thoughts and reflections with us.
Week 4 (July 27), Stuck: Scared
Describe how much control you actually have over your life.
- What do you love more than God?
- How does worry affect you?
- Are your fears realistic or could they be misperceptions?
- Our greatest fears often reveal our idols. What are you most afraid of?
Please share your reflections with us!
Week 5 (August 3), Stuck: Overwhelmed
- What is God asking you to do that you have been ignoring?
- If you had one year to live, what would change about the way you spend your time?
- If you stood before God and answered about how you spent this week, would He be pleased?
- How do you listen to the Holy Spirit? How can you tell when God is speaking to you?
Feel free to share your thoughts and reflections in the comments.
What you will need
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- 1 interior sock (this will be the nose and hold the rice)
- 2 exterior socks (this will be the body and the hat)
- 2-3 cups of rice
- Fun Fur cuts (this is the beard)
- Little rubber bands
NEED SOCKS? If you would like to purchase a miscellaneous pile of socks from us, please click here to order them from our merchandise page.
NEED SOCKS? If you would like to purchase a miscellaneous pile of socks from us, please email [email protected] and we will make arrangements for you to get started with this fun and exciting craft.
Select your sock combination.
- Step 1
- Put 2-3 cups of rice into the interior sock.
- Gather top with little rubber band. (You can secure it with twine if desired.)
- Cut off excess sock 1-inch above the rubber band.
- Glue open and down against rice filled sock.
- Step 2
- Lay body on it's back and gather a small ball of rice to make the nose a minimum of 1/3rd of the way down from the top. This will help the hat to stay on.
- Use a rubber band to secure the nose. (Use twine if desired)
- If you would like to use skin tone material for the nose, make sure you hot glue it over the nose before going on to the next step.
- Step 3
- Select the exterior sock you want on the body of the gnome.
- Cut that sock at the heel and discard the top of the sock.
- Place the body of the gnome into the sock and trim any excess sock to fit just below the nose.
- Make sure to leave this sock at an angle is it is a little higher in the back but smoothly under the nose.
- Use glue gun to secure body sock.
- Step 4
- Cut a V section of the Fun Fur for the beard.
- Use an Exacto knife or small needle nose scissors to cut the backing and not the fur.
- Fold the Fun Fur in half vertically. Cut a small half circle at the top of the Fun Fur fold to make it fit snuggly under the nose.
- Glue down the beard under the nose and to the body. This will help it stay in place.
- Step 5
- Select the second exterior sock you want on the head of the gnome.
- Place it over the body sock and snug against the top of the nose.
- Make sure to pull it over the body sock and beard to cover transition.
- Use glue gun to secure in place.
- Step 6
- Select where you want to hat to end.
- Embellish as you wish.
- Hang things from the top of the hat: buttons/bells/pompoms/etc.
- Cut the hat down or let it flop over. Glue it down if you don't want it to move.
- If you want the hat to stand up, insert a curled wire to the top of the head and feed the sock over the wire or stuff the hat with stuffing.
- Embellishments can be buttons, bells, puffy balls, gems, etc.
- Think Christmas/4th of July/Valentines Day/Birthdays/etc.
Send Us Photos Of The Fun & Finished Gnomes